Nicholas Koumjian, Head of the Independent Investigative Mechanism for Myanmar, responds to questions related to the lack of access to crime scenes in Myanmar, the methodology of the Independent Commission of Enquiry on Myanmar’s report, and the importance of accountability for crimes committed against ethnic groups in Myanmar despite the complex and slow process.
- Myanmar Mechanism launches Facebook page
- Myanmar Mechanism participates in event with other UN accountability mechanisms
- Member States and civil society show support for Myanmar Mechanism in interactive dialogue
- Myanmar Mechanism calls for continued support of international community in the accountability efforts
- Statement to the Human Rights Council by Mr. Nicholas Koumjian, Head of the Independent Investigative Mechanism for Myanmar, on the 45th Regular Session of the Human Rights Council