The Independent Investigative Mechanism for Myanmar is pleased to announce the launch of its own page on the Facebook platform to further bolster its public outreach efforts. This can be found on facebook.com/MyanmarMechanism. The aim of the Myanmar Mechanism’s Facebook page, in the English and Myanmar languages, is to provide accurate and timely information about its mandate and work to various audiences in Myanmar and internationally. It follows one of the key recommendations from the civil society survey that the Myanmar Mechanism conducted earlier this year, which found that a presence on Facebook would be an essential tool for sharing information widely with both civil society and the public in Myanmar. The IIMM Facebook page also follows the recent launch of the Myanmar Mechanism’s website, iimm.un.org, which includes key documents, latest news about the Mechanism’s work and responses to some of the most frequently asked questions. The Myanmar Mechanism can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Signal at +41 76 691 12 08.
- Statement by Mr. Nicholas Koumjian, Head of the Independent Investigative Mechanism for Myanmar, at the 78th Session of the Third Committee of the General Assembly
- October 2023 issue of the Bulletin
- Statement to the Human Rights Council by Mr. Nicholas Koumjian, Head of the Independent Investigative Mechanism for Myanmar, at the 54th Regular Session of the Human Rights Council
- The pursuit of justice for Rohingya – six years on
- Press Release: War crimes by Myanmar military are more frequent and brazen – Myanmar Mechanism Annual Report