The Independent Investigative Mechanism for Myanmar is pleased to announce the launch of its own page on the Facebook platform to further bolster its public outreach efforts. This can be found on facebook.com/MyanmarMechanism. The aim of the Myanmar Mechanism’s Facebook page, in the English and Myanmar languages, is to provide accurate and timely information about its mandate and work to various audiences in Myanmar and internationally. It follows one of the key recommendations from the civil society survey that the Myanmar Mechanism conducted earlier this year, which found that a presence on Facebook would be an essential tool for sharing information widely with both civil society and the public in Myanmar. The IIMM Facebook page also follows the recent launch of the Myanmar Mechanism’s website, iimm.un.org, which includes key documents, latest news about the Mechanism’s work and responses to some of the most frequently asked questions. The Myanmar Mechanism can be contacted via email at email@example.com or on Signal at +41 76 691 12 08.
- Myanmar Mechanism launches Facebook page
- Myanmar Mechanism participates in event with other UN accountability mechanisms
- Member States and civil society show support for Myanmar Mechanism in interactive dialogue
- Myanmar Mechanism calls for continued support of international community in the accountability efforts
- Statement to the Human Rights Council by Mr. Nicholas Koumjian, Head of the Independent Investigative Mechanism for Myanmar, on the 45th Regular Session of the Human Rights Council